Please Note: the deadline to start this process for Spring 2013 is 4PM FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2013. Your Declaration of Major Checklist should be turned in to the BSOE Advising Office in Baskin Engineering 225 by this deadline.
1. Print out the SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST for your major.
Technology and Information Management (formerly Information Systems Management)
2. Print out the PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION form.
3. Fill out the PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION and SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST.
3A. If you are trying to declare Computer Engineering (CE), Robotics Engineering (RE), or Network and Digital Technology (BANDT), please go to this website to calculate your Declaration GPA.
Print the completed DECLARATION GPA CALCULATOR and attach it to your SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST.
4. Drop off your PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION and SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST at the SOE Undergraduate Advising Office (Rm. 225 Baskin Engineering) during their express advising hours which are from 1:30 – 4:00pm (Monday – Friday), to obtain a faculty advisor and SOE GPA verification.
5. Pick up your PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION and SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST 24 hours after dropping off.
5A. If you are trying to declare CE, RE, or BANDT, your SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST will be available 48 hours after dropping off.
6. Print out your unofficial transcript from https://my.ucsc.edu/.
7. Create a proposed course plan for your major using the curriculum chart for your major for the curriculum year that you are following. Please consult the general catalog for course pre-requisites and the SOE class schedule for when courses are offered.
8. Write your proposed course plan on the back of your major curriculum chart.
9. Meet with a Peer Advisor to go over your plan. Peer Advisors are generally available to assist with creating a plan during express advising hours which are from 1:30 – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday. You may also contact a Peer Advisor by sending email to
10. Take the completed PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION, SOE DECLARATION CHECKLIST, transcripts, and proposed course plan to the assigned faculty advisor. Meet with your assigned advisor to sign your SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST, and review and sign your proposed study plan.
10A. If you are trying to declare Technology and Information Management, and you have completed the foundation courses and have satisfied the minimum GPA requirement, you will not be required to meet with a faculty advisor.
11. Enter your proposed academic plan into "My Planner" in your myUCSC portal. A tutorial for doing this can be found here.
12. Bring your PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION, SOE DECLARATION OF MAJOR CHECKLIST, your original academic plan (on a curriculum chart) as reviewed by a peer/faculty advisor, and a printout of your plan from your myUCSC portal to the SOE Advising office during express advising hours. At this point, you will meet with a staff advisor who will look over your forms and sign your PETITION FOR MAJOR/MINOR DECLARATION. If an Extension of Enrollment or Committee Review is required we will advise you on your next steps.
For further information, please contact the School of Engineering Undergraduate Advising Office (225 Baskin Engineering) at (831) 459-5840 or email@example.com.